The club started as two social cricket clubs independently under the banners of the University of South Australia Cricket Club (Est. 1974) and Elders Cricket Club (Est. 1952). The two clubs eventually merged to become Elders-UniSA Cricket Club.
In 2009 with the support of its members, Elders-UniSA Cricket Club decided to change its name to Mawson Lakes Cricket Club (MLCC), where we are located on Mawson Lakes Boulevard next to the corner of Main North road.
The club is now seeking new senior and junior players for the 2016/17 season.