If you are passionate about sport and active recreation, keen to meet new people, get more life experiences and more out of your time at university, get involved with UniSA Sport as a volunteer.
We have many opportunities and there are numerous chances for you to gain the experience you need towards your career goals.
Team UniSA Activator
At the University of South Australia, sport and active recreation plays a central role in the lives of students and contributes to a healthy campus culture. Are you a sport and recreational influencer? Do you want to make an impact on making UniSA campuses active places? We are on the lookout for UniSA Sport Activators who can help bring the UniSA Sport brand to life. We believe that by working together, we can bring the value of sport to life across the university and in the wider community.
As an activator, your role will be to help bring the UniSA Sport brand to life. You will form an integral part of the UniSA Sport team providing assistance in the promotion of UniSA Sport clubs, events and facilities, and the spread of positive brand awareness across all campuses. We are open to any creative ideas that you may have, so please don't hesitate to let us know if you think of ways that you would like to support UniSA Sport and our clubs, events and facilities as part of the UniSA Sport Activation program
UniSA Sport Activators will meet the following expectations:
- You will be someone who currently engages with UniSA Sport and is passionate about all things sport and fitness on campus
- You will be passionate about UniSA Sport and willing to share your experiences
- You will possess excellent communication skills with the demonstrated ability to employ appropriate language
- You will possess interpersonal and teamwork skills with the demonstrated ability to work with and relate to a range of people from different cultural and educational backgrounds, and of different age groups
- You will possess good organisational and time management skills
- You will have the ability to be proactive and show initiative with minimal supervision
To participate in the UniSA Sport Activators Program, students must
- Be able to commit to the program for 12 months and participate in a minimum of 3 events.
- Attend a training session at the commencement of the program and event meetings as deemed necessary.
- Provide a current Working with Children Check. If you do not have one, you will need to apply for one before commencing (volunteers are free).
Applications to be a UniSA Sport Student Activator are now closed and will reopen in January 2021.
Current Team UniSA Activators please log your volunteer hours here
UniSA Sporting Clubs
Get involved in a UniSA Sports Club by taking on an official role within the club. Roles range from coaching to administration. Projects may include marketing plans, fundraising events, training and development plans and much more. This is a great way to use your skills and experience to benefit a university club.
Contact a UniSA Sport club directly for further information.
Team Managers – 2020 UniSport Nationals
Managers of sporting teams for the 2020 UniSport Nationals are given the opportunity to represent their University in sport and also be involved in planning, organising and administration of their respective teams. Team Manager selection is based on sporting experience and commitment to the leadership role.
Team Coaches – 2020 UniSport Nationals
Coaches of sporting teams for 2020 UniSport Nationals are given the opportunity to represent their University in sport and also be involved in the selection, training schedule and coaching of their respective teams both prior to and during the UniSport Nationals. Team Coach selection is based on experience, qualifications and commitment to the leadership role.
Team Captains – 2020 UniSport Nationals
Captains of the UniSA team for the 2020 UniSport Nationals are given the opportunity to represent their University in sport and also be involved in leading the team. Team Captain selection is based on leadership qualities, sporting experience and commitment to the role.